Top 5 – How to be Social Media Savvy
There are literally hundreds of very well-known social media sites around the world. Whilst in this article we will discuss the major social media sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn rest assured if you can think of a genre or topic there is a social media site dedicated to it. There are sites for Mum’s with babies and toddlers, religious based sites, ones for baby boomers and mature internet users age 40 and beyond, there are social media sites based purely on entertainment, others on places to eat out and others on travel or books.
As a business manager or owner you have had to navigate the most effective policies for internet usage by your employees, but have you considered how you can use social media to benefit your business?
This article looks at the Top 5 Way You Can Be Social Media Savvy – in your business.
1. Keep Your LinkedIn Profile Up To Date
Over 225 million professionals use LinkedIn to exchange information, ideas and business opportunities. Latest figure publish show that LinkedIn is 4x better for B2B leads than Facebook or Twitter. If you are looking for a new job opportunity or looking to increase your business opportunities it is vital you keep your profile up to date and check in regularly.
2. Mobilise FaceBook’s full potential
There are so many useful tips to ensure you and your business use FaceBook to its full potential, here are just a few;
– Direct website traffic to FB to engage in direct conversations with your customers
– Show case your business by putting contact details on your cover photo
– Ask your fans to ‘like’ you
– Interact with people, don’t push
– Keep it unique, fresh content, and different types of content
– Understand that Facebook Ads works differently to Adwords
3. Don’t Troll or Feed the Trolls
Paul Gil of company Net For Beginners defines ‘trolling’ as the anti-social act of causing interpersonal conflict and shock-value controversy online. Named for the wicked troll creatures of children’s tales, trolling is purposely sowing hatred, bigotry, racism, misogyny, or just simple bickering between others. Trolls themselves are emotionally-immature users who thrive in any environment where they are allowed to make public comments, like blog sites, news sites, discussion forums, and game chat. Steer clear of trolling and feeding the trolls.
4. Social Media is Big Business
Social Business is even bigger! Holly Nielsen Social Media Manager and Webmaster, Human Ability and Accessibility at IBM characterises social business as ‘cultivating trusted relationships and encouraging innovation and collaboration to make people more effective.” Social business can do everything to help your business create Thought leaders, increase sales leads, suggest partnership opportunities, boost your conversion of leads to sales, add to your direct sales, boost traffic to your website or blog site, as well as plug your bricks and mortar or your online stores?
5. Promote Others
The final step is a very simple one……do to others what you would have them do to you! Social media is very much about being seen through promotion so if you take the time to promote others you too will be promoted.
More information is available on being social media savvy under the topic “Social Media Marketing”, which includes models, templates, do’s and don’ts and more. Simply click here to subscribe http://managersdoor.com/pricing/
Social Media Marketing
- Model - Glossary of Terms
- Model - Our favourite free Social Media Tools
- Model – Twitter for Business
- Model – LinkedIn for Business
- Model - YouTube to Increase SEO
- Model - Top 4 Platforms
- Template - Engaging Your Community
- Template - Daily Schedule
- Template - Getting Started with Social Media
- Example - Daily Schedule
- Do's and Don'ts - Social Media
Silver Door Access
In addition to bronze access this key will open the Silver Door to additional info:
- Ask an expert on demand
- Business templates
- Business Samples / Business Models
$88 / Month
Money back guarantee
Gold Door Access
This key will open the Gold door and give you access to everything including:
- Personalised Executive Coaching
- Confidential Document Reviews
- Exclusive Gold Key business networking group
$458 / Month
Money back guarantee